Remembering Oxfam in your Will
Much of Oxfam’s work fighting for a just world without poverty has been able to advance to where it is today because of bequests.
The impact from such forward thinking in support of Oxfam cannot be understated. It helps us plan our long-term development work more effectively, enabling thousands of people to improve their lives through better crops, more food, cleaner water and improved access to healthcare and education. Bequests are the ultimate declaration from one generation saying that they will be there in support of the next. We can’t thank you enough.
As you consider including Oxfam in your Will, you may find it helpful to think about the following:
- Bequests are often the most cost-effective form of funding given, because they do not cost Oxfam a lot of money to raise. Also, increased numbers of bequests to Oxfam can mean reduced reliance on other fundraising methods. So that means lower marketing costs which means more funding available to be focused directly into our projects.
- A bequest arranged now does not impose on your current grocery budget. It does not mean you have to dip deeply into your current cash flow.
- Mostly a bequest is not about our children’s generation, but our children’s children’s generation.
- Oxfam has made considerable positive impact in addressing extreme poverty and your bequest can add considerable momentum to continuing that success in the future.
How to leave a bequest
The good news is that it can be a relatively simple process. Please click on one of the following links to our simple guides. If you still have questions afterwards, please feel free to contact Rachael Clark on email@example.com or 09 355 6500.
Making a pledge
If you choose to make a bequest to Oxfam in your Will, it really helps if you can let us know. This enables us to make stronger plans for the future as we continue our work towards a just world without poverty. Below is a link to our confidential pledge form.
- Confidential pledge form (PDF 17KB)
Rachael Clark is happy to discuss your bequest options in confidence and answer any questions you may have. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or phone 09 355 6500 or fill in the contact us form. You can also write to us at PO Box 68357, Newton, Auckland 1145, New Zealand.
Again, please check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) section for further information if needed.