The reasons people choose to raise money for Oxfam are as diverse and many as the people themselves. The one constant is that "together we can make a difference".
Fundraising is a great way to raise awareness about poverty and injustice – giving money to help make a difference is one important way that people can be empowered to take further action.
- You can fundraise as part of an organised sponsored challenge like Oxfam Trailwalker or Live Below the Line.
- Or join the fun that is Oxfam's Morning Tea. Holding a Morning Tea is easy and a great excuse for you and your mates to get together over a fair trade cuppa to discover the great tastes and benefits of fair trade.
- Or you can do your own thing and contribute the proceeds to Oxfam.
- From a mufti-day raising $60 to charity ball raising $6000 – it’s all about FUNdraising! Check out our top ten fundraising ideas (PDF, 360 KB) and download a poster to publicise your event (PDF, 1.2 MB).
Simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
It’s so simple – just download our Card Free Christmas poster, pop it somewhere at work where everyone will see it and then encourage your colleagues to write their festive greetings on the poster and donate the money they would have spent on the cards towards Oxfam's work for a future free from the injustice of poverty.
Oxfam Morning Teas are easy to organise, fun and completely flexible to suit your location. Morning Teas can be hosted in your home, workplace, school, community hall, local park – wherever!
When you sign up to take part we send you a bounty of Fairtrade Certified™ goods to share with your family, friends and workmates at your event.
Early bird sign ups: Register by March 14, 2014 and be in with the chance of winning a year’s supply of Café L’affare coffee.
Take on the World's Greatest Team Challenge! Oxfam Trailwalker is a sponsored team challenge in which teams of four walk (or run) a stunning 100km trail around lake Taupo in 36 hours. Oxfam Trailwalker is the most life changing, team building, foot slogging, friendship forming, group hugging experience ... ever. Don't miss out.
Simply download the application, select Oxfam as your charity, and each day your desktop will be renewed with a stylish ad. Three quarters of the advertising revenue is then donated to Oxfam. Easy!
Buy Good Books
Like reading? You'll love our friends at Good Books. We've teamed up to offer readers a very simple offer: every time you buy from Good Books, all the profit goes directly to fund projects in partnership with Oxfam.
The Good Books model is unique – and simple. Online book buyers are asked to do no more than just buy the titles they want through Good Books. All retail profits are then given to Oxfam to help in the fight against poverty and social injustice. There is no mark-up and delivery is free worldwide.
As a result, charitable donation is built into an everyday activity at no extra cost. The range of books is as large as any other online book store and the prices are competitive. They also offer gift vouchers and audiobooks. So visit usegoodbooks.com and get browsing!
Support a fundraiser!
If you don’t feel like organising a fundraiser yourself but would like to support a team or individual by making a donation, please visit our current fundraisers page.
Once there simply click on the team name that you wish to support and you will go through to their fundraising page.
- Be assured, your fundraising will be put to good use where it is needed most – helping people living in poverty throughout the world.
- Your fundraising will contribute to Oxfam’s many programmes rather than a specific project or item.