Are you Oxfam New Zealand’s next Executive Director?
One person in three lives in poverty. Oxfam is determined to change that world by mobilising the power of people against poverty. Around the globe, Oxfam works to find practical, innovative ways for people to lift themselves out of poverty and thrive. We save lives and help rebuild livelihoods when crisis strikes. And we campaign so that the voices of the poor influence the local and global decisions that affect them. In all that we do, Oxfam works with partner organisations and alongside vulnerable women and men to end the injustices that cause poverty.
This is an exciting time to join Oxfam New Zealand. We are at the start of a new seven year strategic plan and are in the process of becoming Oxfam’s “Managing Affiliate” in the Pacific region.
Our ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, inspirational leader, capable people manager and skilled communicator. You will have a track record of success in delivering innovative and effective strategies with tangible outcomes. In addition, you will have:
- Experience of successfully leading, managing and motivating others, with a high degree of self-awareness and understanding of how to support excellent team performance and individual development
- A background in advocacy and in-depth knowledge and/or experience of international development, preferably gained in New Zealand and/or the wider Pacific region
- Experience of managing a marketing or fundraising function, preferably in a not for profit organisation, and the ability to maximise institutional fundraising
- Experience of managing complex change processes and diverse relationships
- Sophisticated knowledge of the factors driving poverty, marginalisation and vulnerability in developing country contexts
- The ability to engage, influence and motivate supporters, businesses, government and other key stakeholders
- Senior level financial management skills and experience of reporting to a Board or governance group
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to grow with one of the world’s leading development organisations, working with a supportive Board and talented staff to make a real difference to people living in poverty. The post attracts a competitive salary and relocation assistance
For more information, please download the full job description.
To apply, please send a covering letter and an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Executive Director – your name”. Applications close on Monday, January 6, 2014. Interviews are scheduled for January 23-24, 2014 and ideally, the successful candidate will be available to start in mid-March 2014.
Oxfam New Zealand is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.