URGENT: Help rush life-saving aid to earthquake survivors in Nepal DONATE
Based in Goroka, Papua New Guinea (PNG)
- Fixed term (1 year)
The opportunity has arisen within our PNG operation to assume leadership and management responsibility for Oxfam’s Highlands programme during a period of transition.
Managed by Oxfam New Zealand and working closely with Oxfam partners in the PNG Highlands, you will be responsible for supporting the Highlands programme team to implement key elements of Oxfam’s PNG country strategy and operational plan, with a particular focus on livelihoods, WASH and conflict reduction programming activities. You will also take the lead in facilitating an effective change management process in the Highlands that supports Oxfam’s broader strategic objectives in PNG and will help to build the management capacities of key local staff.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Strong practical experience of developing, managing, monitoring & evaluating successful development programmes (experience in PNG is desirable)
- Sound understanding of development issues, particularly of participatory development, gender rights, conflict resolution, livelihoods and advocacy
- Proven experience of leading organisational change processes and of organisational development
- Experience of developing and strengthening partnerships with local organisations
- Strong leadership skills, experience of developing others and of managing diverse teams
- Security awareness
- Good financial management, project proposal and donor reporting experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of Tok Pidgin (or a willingness to learn)
The post attracts a salary of NZ$67,500 - $75,000 per annum (dependent on the qualifications/ experience of the successful candidate) and a benefits package including flights, insurance, relocation assistance, and four weeks annual leave. This is an accompanied posting (partner only).
For further information about the role, download the Job Description (Word, 195KB).
To apply, please send a covering letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org using the header ‘your name – OHP Manager’.
Applications close on 11 January 2013.
We are an equal opportunities employer and support diversity in the workplace