10 month contract, Goroka, Papua New Guinea
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together for a future without poverty. We give a hand up, not a hand out – to create positive change that lasts.
Oxfam has been operating in Papua New Guinea since 2005 and has been supporting local partners since the 1990s. The Oxfam Livelihoods Programme aims to improve livelihoods, economic opportunities and food security for poor and vulnerable local communities.
To support us in this work, we seek to recruit a capable and suitably qualified Livelihoods Programme Manager who will oversee the implementation of our livelihoods programme in the Eastern Highlands, working from Oxfam’s Country Office in Goroka.
The Livelihoods Programme Manager will manage all aspects of Oxfam’s Livelihoods Programme, including oversight of both livelihoods and climate change projects. In collaboration with implementing partners, you will take the lead in ensuring quality project implementation and partner capacity development, budget and staff management as well as provide all necessary technical input. You will also be involved in networking with key technical agencies and will be a member of the Oxfam’s Country Leadership Team.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- A strong track record of developing, designing, implementing and managing livelihoods and/or agricultural programmes
- A sound understanding of livelihoods approaches in international development
- Experience of developing and strengthening partnerships with local organisations
- A degree in a relevant subject e.g. agriculture, social science, or international development discipline (preferably to masters level), and/or comparable professional experience
- Strong report writing and communication skills
- Good financial and staff management experience
- Flexibility, security awareness and the ability to travel to challenging locations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values
For more information see the full job description
If you wish to make an application, please send a covering letter and up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close on at 9.00 (PNG time) on Monday, 13th October 2014.
Oxfam is an equally opportunities employers and encourages diversity in the workplace.