Imagine a fairer, safer, more sustainable world for everyone. You can make it happen.
When we stand together, we really can make a difference. Take action with Oxfam and add your name to the roll call of people who refuse to sit back and do nothing.
Even It Up
Extreme inequality is the defining challenge of our time, but it is not inevitable. We can Even It Up and make the world a fairer place. Join us. Call on governments to:
- Ensure tax systems are fair and free of loopholes so that the richest pay their fair share
- Invest in vital public services – like universal healthcare and education – so everyone has a fighting chance
- Make sure everyone has a decent job with fair pay
- Ensure economic policies work to close the gap between women and men
- Work for their citizens, first – the interests of the richest can no longer be put ahead of those of the rest of us
The world is ready to act. Are you? Together, we can end extreme inequality.
Help us raise awareness about climate change and its impacts
Climate change is already having a devastating impact on people's lives. Poor communities in developing countries are being hit first and worst.
- Arrange a talk on climate change in your community group, church or school.
- Talk with your local MP and show your concern for the impacts of climate change in the Pacific.
- Find out more about our work on climate change
Behind the Brands
Already your support has resulted in the big three chocolate companies making commitments to tackle the inequality, hunger and poverty faced by women in their cocoa supply chains. Also, Coca-Cola and PepsiCo have committed to prevent land grabs in their supply chains. And Kellogg and General Mills signed on to industry-leading steps to cut climate change pollution. We're just getting going...so add your voice.
Buy fair trade: tell supermarkets we want more fair trade products
A huge range of Fairtrade Certified™ products are available internationally. The range is still limited here in New Zealand, but if you ask for it, stores will stock more.
- Tell your local supermarket to stock more fair trade
- Find out where Fairtrade Certified™ bananas are available: All Good or Fair-nando
Sign up for Oxfam email updates
Receive regular news about our work and how you can play a part in the fight against poverty.