Imagine a fairer, safer, more sustainable world for everyone. You can make it happen.
When we stand together, that’s when we really can make a difference. Join our campaign actions and add your name to the roll call of people who refuse to sit back and do nothing.
Take action for Syria
The people of Syria cannot wait any longer for an end to the fighting. Presidents Obama and Putin promised to start peace talks back in May - but nothing's happened yet.
You can help us call on world leaders to get peace talks back on track.
Dole: not a very "Ethical Choice"
Bananas sold by Dole in New Zealand carry a sticker that says “Ethical Choice”. Research published by Oxfam suggests that the treatment of workers on Philippine plantations where the Dole bananas are grown is anything but ethical.
- Raise your voice about what's really a ethical choice
- How do you know if a brand's ethical claims are fair? - a visual guide from Fairtrade Australia New Zealand
Behind the Brands
Take action to change the way the food companies that make your favourite brands do business.
Already your support has resulted in the big three chocolate companies making commitments to tackle the inequality, hunger and poverty faced by women in their cocoa supply chains. And we have more action planned ... watch this space.
Take action on land grabs
The World Bank has the power to be a force for good. We asked them to freeze their investments in land for six months while it sets better standards for others to follow.
Support our GROW campaign
Food and oil prices. Flat-lining yields. Climate change. Unfair trade. Failing markets. Gender inequality. Land grabs. All of these issues contribute to a global food system that is failing all of us and destroying the natural resources we rely on.
- Find out how we can build a future where everyone on the planet has enough to eat, always.
- Support Pacific producers
- Make the change: go sustainable!
Help us raise awareness about climate change and its impacts
Climate change is already having a devastating impact on people's lives, and poor communities in developing countries are being hit first and worst.
- Arrange a talk on climate change in your community group, church, or school.
- Talk with your local MP and show your concern for the impacts of climate change in the Pacific.
- Find out more about our work on climate change
Buy fair trade: tell supermarkets we want more fair trade products
A huge range of Fairtrade Certified™ products are available internationally but the range is still limited, though expanding, here in New Zealand.
- Tell your local supermarket to stock more fair trade
- Find out where Fairtrade Certified™ bananas are available: All Good or Fair-nando
Campaign with us
Sign up for Oxfam email updates
Receive regular news about our work and how you can play a part in the fight against poverty.