As a volunteer, your time, skills, energy and experience will extend Oxfam's capacity to achieve our goals.
Volunteering at Oxfam will provide an opportunity to gain and share skills in a range of areas including data-entry, administration, international development, fundraising, event management, campaigning, media, and marketing. Volunteer working hours can be flexible and you don't have to commit to a long-term position. Volunteers are often needed for short periods to help out during busy times, for example around events or during an emergency.
Did you know that Oxfam New Zealand has over 600 volunteers and interns
While we are not able to place every new volunteer in a specific assignment right away, we will keep your registration in our volunteer database and contact you if a position becomes available that may interest you.
- Volunteer FAQs
- If there isn’t a current vacancy listed, or one that appeals to you, please fill in our volunteer registration form and we'll contact you if a suitable opportunity becomes available
Make sure you also sign-up to receive our email updates so you can keep up-to-date with our latest news and upcoming events!
Thank you so much for offering to support Oxfam as a volunteer.
Volunteer at Oxfam Trailwalker
Oxfam Trailwalker is a huge logistical exercise, not just because it spans 100km but because we need people on deck for 36 hours. We could not run the event without our volunteers. Almost 300 volunteers are required in many different roles over the entire event. Volunteeer registration for Oxfam Trailwalker 2014 is now open.
Volunteer at an event
Oxfam hosts or is involved in various events throughout the year. These can either be to raise valuable funds or to increase awareness of our campaigns. Volunteer positions needed at these events will be listed here shortly.
Oxfam has a host of exciting events that you can take part in.
- Find out more about Oxfam's upcoming events.
Reflecting the increasing popularity of volunteering, many companies offer employees the opportunity to take special Volunteer Days. Oxfam is perfect for this, as we can offer flexible hours, often on a one-day basis. If you or the organisation you work for is interested in being part of this scheme, please contact the volunteer coordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Oxfam regularly provides the opportunity of formal experience within various departments of our Oxfam Offices. Being an Intern gives you the chance to develop valuable skills and knowledge and to gain first hand experienceof how an NGO operates.
Other ways to get involved
- You can get involved by campaigning with Oxfam, which you can do from anywhere in the country. Sign up to become an Oxfam campaigner.
- You can also get involved by joining an Oxfam Water for Survival regional group of volunteers from around the country who help increase Oxfam’s profile and raise money for our water and sanitation projects.
- If you wish to volunteer within a similar organisation please visit Volunteer Service Abroad: vsa.org.nz