Terms and conditions of the event
You must observe the following rules:
- All participants must take responsibility for their own fitness and health to take part in the event and their own actions and inactions at the event.
- All participants must be aged 18 years or more on the day of the event, unless granted special permission at least 30 days prior to the event by Oxfam New Zealand.
- At the start of the event, each team must have no more than four members.
- To be eligible for awards and/or certificates teams must meet the minimum $2000 fundraising commitment by the fundraising deadline of midnight on March 21 2016.
- All teams must register at the event (Saturday 20 February 2016) between 12.30pm and 1.00pm
- To register, each team must have all team members participating at the Challenge Day, present at registration and at the event briefing to complete final safety documentation.
- If for any reason you have to leave the event urgently, you must notify a member of staff.
- Smoking is not permitted at the event venue.
- Participants are asked to use the litter and recycling bins provided.
- Teams acting unfairly to gain competitive advantage may be disqualified from the event.
- Teams must raise a minimum of NZ$2000 by the fundraising deadline of March 21, 2016 in addition to the non-tax deductable and non-refundable registration fee. This includes confirmed teams that do not participate in the Challenge Day and teams that do not complete the event.
- All fundraising activities undertaken by participants must adhere to relevant local and national government regulations and legislation.
Terms and conditions of entry
By submitting an Entry Form to take part in the Oxfam Water Challenge 2015/16 ("the event") you:Acknowledge that the event is organised and promoted by Oxfam New Zealand ("Oxfam") which is a charitable trust (Registered No.: CC24641) and that the purpose of the event is to raise funds in aid of Oxfam's work with others to help overcome poverty and injustice exclusively.
- Agree that you undertake the event entirely at your own risk and will not hold Oxfam New Zealand or any land owner responsible for any accident, injury, damage to, or loss of personal property during the event or in preparation for it.
- Agree to adhere to the rules of the event.
- Agree that at any time before or during the event Oxfam New Zealand reserves the right to withdraw a team or individual from the event.
- Agree to share collective responsibility for meeting your team’s fundraising commitment by the fundraising deadline of March 21, 2016 and that this commitment still holds even if you do not finish or in fact take part in the event.
- Understand that the amount of funds raised by your team does not include the sums paid as a registration fee, nor any other previous donations or pre-existing agreements to support Oxfam New Zealand and refunds of any moneys will only be considered in accordance with the refund policy.
- Acknowledge that by raising funds for Oxfam New Zealand, you are placing yourself in a position of substantial trust and that you have a moral and legal obligation to acquit the funds you raise and temporarily hold in trust for the charity accurately, honestly, responsibly and in a timely manner.
- Agree to ensure that all your sponsors understand that their sponsorship donation is in support of your team's attempt at, rather than completion of, the Oxfam Water Challenge.
- Agree that images and interview material taken at the event or uploaded to teams’ online fundraising pages may be used by Oxfam New Zealand in future promotions.