Your privacy is important to us.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- Contact information
- Computer or network
- Interactions with us
- Giving and purchase information
We collect your personal information to correspond with you by letter, email, text, social media or phone in order to:
- Engage with you about the impact your purchases or gifts are having and/or the advocacy actions you have taken
- Send you future catalogues and offers related to our services, or to email regarding details of an order or notifying you of new products or sales.
- Inform you about ways you can continue or increase your support or activities to end the injustice of poverty
- Engage with you about any events/fundraisers/advocacy actions you are participating in
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter a phone number, email or address, we’ll be limited in how much we can engage with you about the impact you support is having to help end the injustice of poverty. You can choose what type of communication you would prefer to receive and you can opt out entirely at any time. We keep your information safe by storing your data securely and only sharing extremely limited data with external service providers for the sole purpose of delivering Oxfam’s interactions with you. This data is not sold, rented or swapped with any organisation.
Our online shop at https://shop.oxfam.org.au uses a technology called ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive to facilitate your shopping experience. The cookies used by us do not collect personal information and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are, your screen name or e-mail address. Credit card information is never stored in the cookie.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0800 600 700.