Want to take that step up in your career with an organisation dedicated to challenging inequality?
At Oxfam, we’re ending the injustice of poverty. For everyone. For good. We work alongside those impacted by disasters, and help them rebuild afterwards. We confront the causes that keep people poor, like extreme inequality, discrimination against women, climate change, and the eviction of people from their land. We work alongside people living in less wealthy countries to build better lives for themselves. For Oxfam staff this work gets us out of bed with the certainty that our work day is making a difference.
We need someone who:
- Gets a buzz when things run smoothly and is willing to roll up their sleeves to get things done.
- Is inspired by the challenge of doing the best possible with every donated dollar so that we ensure the best impact for our mission.
- Is a dynamic self-starter who shares our values of Courage, Justice and Connectedness.
Sitting within the Fundraising Events Team, you will contribute to the successful execution of our flagship Trailwalker event. A key player in pulling this thing off, you will provide practical logistics support to the Events Operations Coordinator, Fundraising Events Manager, and wider Events team as required.
This is a part-time internship (16-24 hours per week), running from December 2018 - May 2019, and will involve some travel to Whakatane the weekend of the event.
- Gain hands-on knowledge of running a mass participation event.
- Build up your logistical expertise.
- Experience the passion and work that goes into an international development NGO.
We offer flexibility of hours, great work culture and an amazing global Oxfam network. Join us!
You're an efficient self-starter that can adapt to a wide range of tasks, a great team player and can boast some of these skills & experience:
- Some experience assisting the management of event logistics, preferably in a large outdoor events environment.
- Experience and/or knowledge of procurement processes.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Submit your application via our job portal: https://bit.ly/2PMiPIR
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may also be subject to additional screening checks, which can include criminal record and medical checks.
We are committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our Code of Conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Oxfam New Zealand is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.