At Oxfam, we’re ending the injustice of poverty. For everyone. For good. Now we just need you!
We have an exciting and challenging opening in our in-house Tele-fundraising team for an enthusiastic leader, hands-on fundraiser and strong people manager with a proven record of results. Join us as part of the Oxfam global movement, where we work together for a future without poverty, to create positive change that lasts.
In this role, you’ll be supporting the work and outcomes of Oxfam’s tele-fundraising team by managing and overseeing the team’s performance and Oxfam’s tele-fundraising campaigns. You will fulfil one of the most crucial parts of Oxfam by setting up and implementing effective systems and strategies to deliver successful campaigns to expand the organisation’s supporter base and provide top tele-fundraising services.
Organised, focused and able to inspire and motivate fundraisers to perform optimally you will have:
- Strong experience and demonstrated success in tele-fundraising, including experience of managing a tele-fundraising team, preferably in the not for profit sector
- Experience and demonstrated success of working in a results/target driven environment
- Good experience of recruiting, selecting, inducting and training tele-fundraising staff
- Proven experience of writing and delivering tele-fundraising training, and of effectively developing and coaching others
- Good knowledge and experience of performance management approaches and techniques
- Experience of handling personal or confidential information
- Experience and/or a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Enthusiasm and ability to motivate and inspire others
- Ability to work under pressure and effectively manage stress in self and others
- Sensitivity in dealing with individual needs
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Confident and mature
- A commitment to Oxfam’s mission and values
- Willingness to work in the evenings
In return, we offer a fun, supportive work environment, with passionate colleagues and the opportunity to build a career in fundraising. With your work, you will contribute to ending poverty!
Starting salary $27.75 per hour working 40 hours per week (and possibly more depending on the skills and experience of the successful candidate). Working hours are between the hours of 10am and 8pm Monday to Friday and specific hours will be agreed before the role commences.
For more information, see the full job description here.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to OxfamNewZealand9@haystackjobs.net, and include the reference: TFC-ONZ-0917 in your cover letter.
Applications close at COB on Wednesday, 27 September 2017, with interviews being conducted in the week commencing 2 October. Only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand should apply.
Oxfam New Zealand is an equal opportunities employer and encourages diversity in the workplace.