Oxfam Aotearoa is partnering with Pathfinder, an award winning ethical fund manager. Pathfinder invests with the aim of funding a lasting transformation to a more ethical world; one that is better and fairer for all inhabitants.
Pathfinder consider Environmental, Social and Governance outcomes, commonly abbreviated to ESG, as part of their investment analysis. Every decision Pathfinder makes is guided by its two key principals: avoid harm and do the right thing.
INVESTING ETHICALLY AND SUSTAINABLY
Pathfinder aspires for their investment decisions to contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals; they want investments that are working towards one or more of these goals:
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry innovation and infrastructure
- Sustainable goals and communities
Why did we decide to invest with Pathfinder?
They consider Environmental, Social and Governance outcomes, commonly abbreviated to ESG, as part of their investment analysis.
- The environment is a core consideration for how Pathfinder invests. This includes climate change and carbon emissions, air and water pollution, biodiversity, deforestation, energy efficiency, waste management and water scarcity.
- Consideration of people and relationships cut across investment policy, too. This includes customer satisfaction, data protection, privacy, gender and diversity, employee engagement, community relations, human rights, and labour standards.
- Every company has a governance structure and protocols. This level of oversight is critical. Considerations include but are not restricted to board composition, audit committee structure, bribery and corruption, executive compensation, and lobbying.
Pathfinder’s rigorous exclusion policy means your money won’t be invested in areas of concern such as:
Pathfinder doesn’t believe that exclusion will change the world, so after avoiding the negative, they actively invest to try and make the world a better, fairer place. Oxfam Aotearoa is proud to partner with Pathfinder, who are helping us realise our goal of creating a long-term, sustainable, passive income.
THE ETHICAL GROWTH FUND
All donations to Te Tāhuna Kōkohu are invested in Pathfinder’s award-winning Ethical Growth Fund. This is an ethical portfolio with a higher exposure to growth assets and a lower exposure to income assets.
Why this fund?
Selected as the Best New Ethical Fund by Mindful Money in 2021, this fund “avoids investments in companies that cause harm, practices active ownership, but invests in companies with positive impacts, such as solar energy, mental health, women’s livelihoods and social housing.”
Learn more about Pathfinder and Te Tāhuna